Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Whew...11 days since my last post!  I'm so sorry!  Mr S and I have been working tirelessly on painting and finishing up various areas of the house.  And his 30th birthday is coming up in 3 weeks!  What does a 30th birthday mean??  

A BIG PARTY!  (Of course)

Let's face it, 21 to 30 is 9 years without a milestone, so the party has to be memorable.  The party itself is no surprise to Mr. S, but the theme IS.  I have searched high and low for a party theme that fit him.  It was really hard.  There are tons of cute party ideas on various blogs (http://www.hostessblog.com/ has some of the cutest, but perhaps not the manliest).  I came up with a list of ideas:

  • A Mexican fiesta
  • A James Bond party
  • A Game Night Party
  • A Harry Potter theme (yes, we're nerds like that ;) )
  • A Sports themed party
  • A Camping themed party (complete with after party camping trip)
  • And a Hollywood Movie Night party
 
All of these seemed like good ideas.  So which one wins?  I can't say in case he's reading...but mid-March I'll reveal all and show everyone what I came up with!!  There is a LOT of D.I.Y. happening, but I am having to order a few things ;)  Can't wait to show off what I've done and link to the tutorials that have helped me the most!!

What was the most memorable party you've ever been to?

1 comment: