Saturday, August 18, 2012

Cute {kids} Apron

The fam went to Hobby Lobby today and I found aisle after aisle of Christmas decor!  Christmas, already? Wow, it's going to be fall soon for sure! {Yay!}  So in honor of the seasons getting nearer, I need to start thinking about crafting up some awesome gifts! :)  Here is a cute apron I made for my niece last year!

Enjoy the pics!

I hung it on the tree so I could see it in it's complete-ness!

Here you can see the edging and how I double stitched it, unfortunately,
I didn't measure well, and had to add fabric to the end to make the corner match up!
Oops! Lesson Learned!

My instagram showing off the super cute "oven mitt" I made to go with it.
I told my sister not to actually let my niece use this as I wasn't sure the quilt batting
would really protect her hands from the heat! But they look adorable when
she's in her play kitchen! :)

So, all in all, I used 1 yard of fabric (1/2 of each print) and one package of double fold bias tape.  I used an old apron of mine for the pattern and did a bit of guess work on the ruffle at the bottom.  Also, guessed a bit at cutting the size down to "kid size."  All in all, this was a simple project and I got to learn to use bias tape! :)

Ever make anything on a whim?  Share your experience in the comments below!

No comments:

Post a Comment